- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on a visitor’s device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collects data including a visitor’s IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons,” “tags” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how a visitor browses, or navigates through, the Site.
How does FamilyStories.store use personal information?
Order Information collected is generally used to fulfill any orders placed through the Site (including processing payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing invoices and/or order confirmations). Additionally, Order Information is used to:
- Communicate with customers and other who have requested information
- Screen our orders for potential risk or fraud. The Site will use Device Information that is collected to help screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize the Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of marketing and advertising campaigns).
- When in line with the preferences customers and potential customers have shared with the Site, provide information or advertising relating to our products or services.
The Site may share mailing addresses if a third party supplier is used to expedite shipping and the customer receiving their goods in a timely manner. No other personal information is shared outside of the company offices.
The Site is powered by Shopify, learn more about how Shopify may use Device Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy. The Site also uses Google Analytics to help understand how customers use and navigate the Site. Learn more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. Visitors and customers can opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
In addition, Personal Information may also be shared to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful requests for information, or to otherwise protect our rights. Your rights European residents have the right to access personal information we hold and to ask that personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If an individual would like to exercise this right, please contact the Site through the contact us page.
- European residents please note that we are processing and using an individual’s information in order to fulfill contracts we might have (for example if an order was made through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests such as informing current and potential customers of new products that are in line with previous purchases.
- Please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including Canada (Shopify’s Headquarters) and the United States (FamilyStories.Store Headquarters).
When an order is placed through the Site, FamilyStories.Store will maintain your order Information for our records unless or until you ask us to delete this information.
For more information about the Site’s privacy practices, for additional questions, for assistance or for complaints, please contact customer service through the Contact Us page.